Home  Committees and Departments  Building and Zoning Department

Building and Zoning Department

Building Certificates

Building Certificates are required and should be posted when performing maintenance to homes. Examples of maintenance include painting, plaster repairs, siding, and replacing a door or windows.

Building Permits

Building permits are required for all new construction, pools, roofs, decks, fences, additions, repairs, etc. to your home. If your home is located in a high erosion or critical dune area, you will need a EGLE (formerly DEQ) permit prior to applying for a building permit with the Village.

Questions regarding building permits and zoning should be directed to Building Inspector/Zoning Administrator Bill Lambert at (269) 208-9544.

Hours of Construction on Residential Property

Any and all construction, alteration, demolition, or repair activities conducted in the Village, which has been authorized by a Village Building Permit, shall be prohibited on Sundays and Holidays and is prohibited all other days except:

Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST

On Saturdays during the off-season hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST), starting the Saturday after Labor Day weekend and ending the Saturday before Memorial Day weekend.

Any construction, alteration, demolition or repair activities conducted and authorized pursuant to a Village Building Permit may also be completed on any day from the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.(EST) in a fully-enclosed building, provided that such interior work shall not require the use of any construction equipment outside of the building or in an open garage, and further provided that the work being performed shall not be audible from outside of the property lines of the lot on which the fully-enclosed building is located.

A “fully-enclosed building” shall be defined as a building or structure having a full roof and all windows, entry, and garage doors completely installed.

Electrical Permits

Electrical permits and fees should be submitted to the Village Clerk's office. 

Electrical Permit

Mechanical Permits

Mechanical permits and mechanical inspections for work within the Village of Grand Beach should be obtained from the State of Michigan.  The mechanical permit division can be reached at (517) 241-9313.

Mechanical Permit - State of Michigan

Plumbing Permits

Plumbing permits and inspections for work within the Village of Grand Beach should be obtained from the State of Michigan.  The plumbing permit division can be reached at (517) 241-9330.

Plumbing Permit - State of Michigan

Zoning Ordinance

Please read our Zoning Ordinance.

Building Permit Documents and Forms